Tuesday, September 23, 2008

#19b-c

I was pleasantly surprised to see my most favorite, PANDORA, listed as one of the Web 2.0 Award nominees. About a year ago Dale and I started listening to Pandora and now Dale has a serious addiction problem with it! He is a BIG music lover and goes from one artist to another when he gets on Pandora which takes him late into the night sometimes. I like the way it offers suggestions of different artists - Lyle Lovett to Joe Cocker for instance.

I can see music students using this to explore some artists/composers/songs.

My second favorite choice was Ancestry Press. I am into family albums and think this site would be very useful! It may not be something that a student at an academic library would use, but I would guess public libraries could route their patrons to a site like this.

No comments: